Office Hours: 12:30am-1:30pm, MoTuWeTh, or by appointment (06/02/14-07/08/14)
Phone: (713) 743-3448 ; Fax: (713) 743-3505
- Research interests: Fluid/particle interaction, Blood cell motion in microchannel, Computational fluid dynamics, Scientific Computing, Numerical Analysis.
- Research funding.
- Animation of simulation results of particulate flow and blood cell motion.
We gratefully acknowledge the support of the NSF.
The Courses I teach in Fall, 2014:
- Math 2433: Cal III (MoWeFr:12PM-1PM at SR1 117)
- Prerequisites: Math 1432. (Students who do not have the prerequisite should drop this course).
- Textbook: Salas, Hille and Etgen, Calculus: one and
several variables, 9th edition, Wiley. You have to buy an access code in order to view the textbook and etc. via the web page: CASA/CourseWare.
- Math 4364: Numerical Analysis (MoWe:4PM-5:30PM at SEC 206)
- Math 2431 (Linear Algebra), Math 3331 (Differential Equations).
Ability to do computer assignments in FORTRAN, C, Matlab, Pascal, Mathematica or Maple.
- Textbook : Numerical Analysis (8th edition) by RL Burden and JD Faires.
- Reference textbook : Introduction to Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing by N. Nassif, D. K. Fayyad, Chapman and Hall/CRC, 2013.
My Ph.D. Students
(I have also supervised many M.S. students):
- The following is a list of students who completed Ph. D. under my direction and their current, or last known, positions. Any updates, or corrections, will be appreciated.
- Jian Hao, Ph.D., 2007. Postdoctoral fellow, Department of Mathematics, Southern Methodist University, Dallas TX.
- Tong Wang, Ph.D., 2008. Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Nanjing, China.
- Lingling Shi, Ph.D., May, 2013.
- Yao Yu, Ph.D., December, 2013. CGGVeritas (Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas)
- My current Ph.D. students:
Seminars and Conferences:
- Scientific computing seminar: Thursdays, 3:00 PM, Room 646 PGH.
- April 15 and 16, 2011: Workshop on Advances in Numerical Analysis
and Scientific Computing on Occasion of the 60th Anniversary of Ronald H.W. Hoppe
July 9 - 12, 2008: International conference on modeling and simulation, Xi'an Jiaotong University,Xi'an, Shaanxi, China.
March 9 and 10, 2007: France - USA Conference on
Applied and Numerical PDEs at 232 PGH, University of Houston.
March 2 and 3, 2007: 2007 Texas Finite Element Rodeo
at 232 PGH, University of Houston.