Office Hours: 1PM-2PM MW, or by appointment (01/20/15-05/14/15)
Phone: (713) 743-3448 ; Fax: (713) 743-3505
- Research interests: Fluid/particle interaction, Blood cell motion in microchannel, Computational fluid dynamics, Scientific Computing, Numerical Analysis.
- Research funding.
- Animation of simulation results of particulate flow and blood cell motion.
We gratefully acknowledge the support of the NSF.
The Courses I teach in Spring, 2015:
The Courses I teach in Summer 2, 2015:
The Courses I teach in Fall, 2015:
- Math 4365: Numerical Analysis (MoWe:4PM-5:30PM at AH 202)
- Either Math 2431 (Linear Algebra) and Math 3331 (Differential Equations) or Math 3321 (Engineering Mathematics).
- Ability to do computer assignments in FORTRAN, C, Matlab, Pascal, Mathematica or Maple.
- Textbook : Numerical Analysis (8th edition) by RL Burden and JD Faires.
- Math 4364: Intro to Numerical Analysis in Scientific Computing (MoWe:4PM-5:30PM at AH 16)
(It is an one semester course since Fall 2015 and a good choice for satisfying the Math minor requirement.)
- Either Math 3331 (Differential Equations) or Math 3321 (Engineering Mathematics).
- Ability to do computer assignments in one of FORTRAN, C, Matlab, Pascal, Mathematica, and Maple or consent of instructor.
- Textbook : Numerical Analysis (9th edition) by RL Burden and JD Faires.
- Math 2433: Calculus III (MWF 12PM-1PM at SR 117)
- Prerequisites: Math 1432. (Students who do not have the prerequisite should drop this course).
My Ph.D. Students
(I have also supervised many M.S. students):
- The following is a list of students who completed Ph. D. under my direction and their current, or last known, positions. Any updates, or corrections, will be appreciated.
- Jian Hao, Ph.D., 2007. University of Texas-Arlington, Arlington, Texas.
- Tong Wang, Ph.D., 2008. Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Nanjing, China.
- Lingling Shi, Ph.D., 2013. Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Mathematics, University of Houston.
- Yao Yu, Ph.D., 2013. CGG (Compagnie Générale de Géophysique).
- Xingting Niu, Ph.D., 2014.
- Shihai Zhao, Ph.D., 2014.
- My current Ph.D. students: Shang-Huan Chiu, Aixia Guo.
Seminars and Conferences:
- Scientific computing seminar: Thursdays, 1:30PM- 2:30PM, Room 646 PGH.
- April 15 and 16, 2011: Workshop on Advances in Numerical Analysis
and Scientific Computing on Occasion of the 60th Anniversary of Ronald H.W. Hoppe
July 9 - 12, 2008: International conference on modeling and simulation, Xi'an Jiaotong University,Xi'an, Shaanxi, China.
March 9 and 10, 2007: France - USA Conference on
Applied and Numerical PDEs at 232 PGH, University of Houston.
March 2 and 3, 2007: 2007 Texas Finite Element Rodeo
at 232 PGH, University of Houston.