Subject: MINI-REVIEW: Another World
From: [email-masked] (Nicholas J. Kingsley)
Date: 21 May 1994 20:41:20 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.reviews

PRODUCT NAME

	Another World

BRIEF DESCRIPTION

	Another World is a game set in (logically enough) another world.  The
idea is to get out alive and back to Earth.

AUTHOR/COMPANY INFORMATION

	Name:		Delphine Software
	Address:	US GOLD 
			Birmingham, England

LIST PRICE

	14.95 UK pounds (budget)

SPECIAL HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS

	HARDWARE

		The box just says it's compatible with the Amiga 500, 500+,
		600, 1500, and 2000.

		However, as it's compatible with the A600, it should work on
		an A1200.

		It should work with accelerators, although the game may go
		too fast.

	SOFTWARE

		None given.

COPY PROTECTION

	The game comes on two disks.  The disks are themselves un-protected
and thus are copyable.  However, every time you play the game you do have to
enter in a code (from the supplied code wheel).  Once slight error and you
have to re-load the game.

REVIEW

	Once you are past the protection system (see above), you are shown a
very well animated introduction.  Once you've seen it a few times, you may
want to skip it.  Unfortunately, for some reason this is not possible, and
so you have to sit and watch it.  However, once past the intro, the main
game is only a short load and a disk swap away.

	The object of the game is to get to the next level intact, while
solving some devilish puzzles along the way.

	The first level sees you materialising in some water, where you must
swim to the surface before you become octopus food.  On this first level,
the quality of the graphics will get you and you'll decide whether you will
like the game or not.

	Although the puzzles are not particularly hard, you may feel that
dying for the umpteenth time at the hands of some killer worms is getting to
be rather annoying.  However, come what may, you should continue just to get
the code word for the next level.

	As I said previously, the graphics and animation are very well done,
and in the case of the animation, it is very smooth.  However, it's the main
sprite (your character) that lets things down - at times it appears that
he's skating instead of walking, and often you find that the collision
detection, is at times poor, although it does work in your favour.

	Overall, it's a excellent game graphically, and has very good
gameplay, although it can be quite hard at times.  It is well worth buying,
especially at budget prices.

- Nicholas J. Kingsley
  [email-masked]

---

   Daniel Barrett, Moderator, comp.sys.amiga.reviews
   Send reviews to:	[email-masked]
   Request information:	[email-masked]
   Moderator mail:	[email-masked]
   Anonymous ftp site:  math.uh.edu, in /pub/Amiga/comp.sys.amiga.reviews