Subject: MINI-REVIEW: PAWSTrac trackball
From: [email-masked] (Greg Pearce)
Date: 4 Nov 1996 02:52:04 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.reviews

Product name:  PAWSTrac

Description:   A 3 inch by 2 inch mini trackball for all Amigas

Vendor: Silent Paws Productions

Address:  P.O. Box 1825, Manassas, Virginia, USA  22110

Phone:  (703) 330-7290 (voice) (703) 330-5752 (fax)

List Price:  $35.00 US

Copy Protection:  None

Works with accelerated CPU's

       The PAWSTrac trackball from Silent Paws Productions, the producers
of Amiga 1200 portable boxes, is a very handy little device.  It takes the
place of the mouse.  It seems to be very solidly built.  The trackball itself
travels freely with very little effort.  It plugs into the mouse port.

       Having used nothing but a mouse since my first Amiga in 1986, using a
trackball took a little getting used to.  I've had carpal tunnel syndrome
since 1989, so the mouse could get to be a bit of a strain.  The trackball
is much easier on my wrist.  The manual states that a trackball makes an
ideal pointing device for those with arthritis or limited dexterity.

       The PAWSTrac has three buttons.  One on each side correspond to the
buttons on a 2 button mouse.  The button at the cable end is a lock for
dragging and resizing windows.  Clicking any button deactivates this feature.
The trackball comes with a small mounting bracket if you want to be
able to get it out of the way.  Also included is a carrying case.

Likes:  Easy to use with one finger, solidly built.  Built in the USA.

Dislikes:  None

       I would have to give this little device a 5 out of 5.

Machine tested on:  Amiga 3000, AmigaDOS 3.1, 18 megs o' RAM.

Author of article:  Greg Pearce ([email-masked])

---

   Accepted and posted by Daniel Barrett, comp.sys.amiga.reviews moderator
   Send reviews to:	[email-masked]
   Request information:	[email-masked]
   Moderator mail:	[email-masked]
   Anonymous ftp site:  math.uh.edu, in /pub/Amiga/comp.sys.amiga.reviews
   Web site: ftp://math.uh.edu/pub/Amiga/comp.sys.amiga.reviews/index.html