Subject: REVIEW: Turtle Lightning Amiga Software
From: [email-masked] (Curt Esser)
Date: 10 Jun 1997 03:05:50 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.reviews

PRODUCT NAME

	Turtle Lightning Amiga Software  (TLAS)

BRIEF DESCRIPTION

	Mail order software (also supplies some hardware) vendor.

AUTHOR/COMPANY INFORMATION

	Name:		TLAS
	Address:	P.O. Box 30499
			Midland, TX 79712
			USA

	Telephone:	915-563-4925
	FAX:		915-563-4315

	E-mail:		[email-masked]
	World Wide Web:	...

LIST PRICE

	Varies by product, of course, from $1.50 (PD disks) up.

CATALOG

     Disk Catalog available (6 disks - $3.00)
     They also send a printed catalog when you order
     Their catalogs are very informative, giving descriptions and any
     hardware requirements for all programs, as well as listing any
     incompatabilities   (like: "Won't run on A3000 w/68030")

     TLAS also sends it's customers flyers offering some of their
     commercial software at reduced prices.

SPECIAL HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS

     Any Amiga 

REVIEW

   	   Being a USA Amiga owner, I have to order virtually ALL of my
     hardware and software by mail-order, so I have dealt with most
     of the USA mail-order companies as well as some overseas companies.
     Although I have gotten good service from them all [maybe I'm just
     lucky? :)] I would rate TLAS as one of the best!  My order has always
     arrived as promptly as the mail system would allow.  Obviously they
     live up to their "shipped within 24 hours" statement.

        More importantly, their customer service is excellent, something
     that is often lacking these days (and I don't mean just in the mail-
     order business!)   I once recieved a bad disk from them and they 
     immediately sent me a replacement, no questions asked.

        Once, when I was installing a 3.1 rom chip in an A1000, I needed
     some technical advice.  The dealer I had bought the chip from was
     closed (it was 8:00 at night), the A1000 was in pieces on the kitchen
     table, so in desperation I called TLAS for help.  I spoke to Terry Fike,
     one of the owners.  He patiently spent 15 minutes on the phone with me,
     and we got the problem figured out.  He did NOT ask if I was a customer
     (I was) or if I had purchased the chip from him (I hadn't) and NEVER gave
     the impression that I should hurry up so the paying customers could get
     through on the phone!     

LIKES

	The friendly atmosphere, good customer service, prompt
shipping, good prices, descriptive catalog.

DISLIKES AND SUGGESTIONS

	My only dislike is the lack of a WWW page ordering system.
However, you can order by phone, fax, email or snail-mail.

COMPARISON TO OTHER SIMILAR PRODUCTS

     On a 1-10 scale, I give them a 9.9   (-.1 for no web page)

CONCLUSIONS

	When I order by mail, I always order from TLAS if they have
the item I'm looking for.  I would recommend them to anybody without
hesitation.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

	This review is freely distributable
	Copyright 1997 Curt Esser
	[email-masked]

---

   Accepted and posted by Daniel Barrett, comp.sys.amiga.reviews moderator
   Send reviews to:	[email-masked]
   Request information:	[email-masked]
   Moderator mail:	[email-masked]
   Anonymous ftp site:  math.uh.edu, in /pub/Amiga/comp.sys.amiga.reviews
   Web site: ftp://math.uh.edu/pub/Amiga/comp.sys.amiga.reviews/index.html