Subject: MINI-REVIEW: WordWorth 3
From: [email-masked] (Chris Brown)
Date: 14 Mar 1994 18:03:03 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.reviews

I purchased Digita's new 'Wordworth 3' word processor at its launch
last week.  Here are my first impressions:

	This installation procedure needs looking at.  When I installed the
Digita Print Manager software that comes with the package, it makes a
directory RAM:temp and then assigns "Temp:" to it.  Later in the installation
procedure it decides to do a delete Temp:#? all.  Unfortunately, I already
have a hard disk partition called "Temp:".  Fortunately I also have DiskSalv,
otherwise Digita would now be dealing with one SEVERELY annoyed customer.
The other problem with the installation is that it crashes if you try and
install the included LaserJet IV driver, so maybe this file is corrupt.

	The program does NOT like running from an XFH compressed partition.
I had 5 megabytes free, and it refused to start up because it said it didn't
have enough memory, so I had to store it uncompressed on the partition
underneath the XFH device and do a little bit of kludging to get it working. 

	The program is packed full of features that everyone has been
demanding for ages.  It has a good table editor, modular file format support
(although it doesn't use datatypes), nice font support (AGFA Intellifont,
Postscript and TrueType), and its user interface is fast and an absolute
dream to use.  The version they were selling yesterday doesn't seem to be a
finished version though, because it seems a little buggy, doesn't yet print
to Postscript printers (The Postscript option is there, but ghosted), and
occasionally pops up a window on the Workbench screen with debug output.
I've sent in my registration card, and hopefully Digita will send me the
finished version when it's, erm, finished!  Apart from that, I'm pleased with
the program.  It produces very nice output and is packed full of features.
The first letter I'm going to write on it will be the one to Digita asking
when the finished version will be sent out to registered users. :-)

	This package is available from:

	Silica Systems
	1-4 The Mews
	Hatherly Road
	Sidcup
	Kent
	United Kingdom
	DA14 4DX

	(+44) 81-309-1111

- Chris Brown
  [email-masked]

---

   Daniel Barrett, Moderator, comp.sys.amiga.reviews
   Send reviews to:	[email-masked]
   Request information:	[email-masked]
   Moderator mail:	[email-masked]
   Anonymous ftp site:  math.uh.edu, in /pub/Amiga/comp.sys.amiga.reviews