Subject: REVIEW: Wizard 560 Mouse
From: [email-masked] (Matt Sawyer)
Date: 27 Jul 1997 23:05:40 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.reviews

PRODUCT NAME

	Wizard 560 Mouse from Wizard Developments

BRIEF DESCRIPTION

	A 560 DPI 3 button mouse.

AUTHOR/COMPANY INFORMATION

	Name:		Wizard Developments
	Address:	N/A

	Telephone:	01322-527-800 (UK Only)
			+44-1322-527-800 (Outside UK)

LIST PRICE

	Unknown.  I paid $29.00 USD.

DEMO VERSION

	None.

SPECIAL HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS

	HARDWARE

		None.  The mouse plugs into the standard
		mouse/joystick port and will work with all Amiga
		models.

	SOFTWARE
	
		None.  The mouse comes with a disk of Amiga
		shareware/freeware that makes use of the 3rd button.
		Also, some commercial software such as Directory Opus
		5 makes use of the 3rd button.

COPY PROTECTION

	None.

MACHINE USED FOR TESTING

	Amiga 4000 (Desktop), 2 MB Chip RAM, 80 MB Fast RAM
	1 internal 1.76 MB floppy
	2 Maxtor 1.6 GB IDE hard drives
	1 internal Toshiba 6.7x SCSI-2 CD-ROM drive
	1 internal Iomega 1.0 GB SCSI-2 Jaz drive
	phase5 Cyberstorm MKII 68060 accelerator
	phase5 Cyberstorm SCSI-2 module
	phase5 CyberVision64 graphics card
	Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 17TX Monitor

	AmigaOS 3.1 (Kickstart 40.68 and Workbench 40.42)
	CyberGraphX v3
	Term v4.7c
	GP-Fax v2.342

INSTALLATION

	The mouse is simple to install.  Just take it out of the box and
	plug it into the standard mouse/joystick port on your Amiga.

REVIEW

	This is my 3rd mouse for my A4000.  It replaces a PCI 2 button
	mouse, which in turn replaced the original Amiga 2 button mouse.

	The Wizard 560 mouse isn't fancy but it works very well.  It has
	a very simple design and doesn't form fit the hand all that well.
	It does however have an excellent feel & response to it's roll
	across the mouse pad.  Being a 560 DPI mouse, you don't have to
	move it all over the place either.  Now I can throw away that old
	mouse pad that covers half my desk!  The buttons take a day or
	two to get used to.  They aren't quite as easy to press as my
	previous PCI mouse, but that's not a bad thing.  Perhaps they
	won't wear out as quickly as the PCI mouse did, which lasted only
	a year.

	I have not tried any of the included software to take advantage of
	the 3rd button.  You can find all of the included utilities on
	Aminet so there's nothing special about the disk.

	Overall, I think the mouse is a good choice for people looking for
	a higher DPI mouse or just a replacement for their old worn out
	ones.

DOCUMENTATION

	There was no documentation included in the box.  Just the mouse and
	a floppy disk of utilities.

LIKES

	I like the higher resolution and the feel of the mouse as it rolls
	across the mouse pad.  It's a vast improvement over the PCI mouse
	I had previously, which in itself was a vast improvement over the
	original Amiga mouse which came with my A4000.

DISLIKES AND SUGGESTIONS

	It doesn't feel as natural in my hand as I would like, but this is
	a minor issue to me.

COMPARISON TO OTHER SIMILAR PRODUCTS

	The Wizard 560 excels in the response category.  The 560 DPI makes
	a world of difference over my previous two mouses.  I'm sure I'll
	find good uses for the 3rd button once I start looking.

	When it comes to overall feel in your hand, I like my old PCI mouse
	or a Microsoft mouse better.

BUGS

	None.

VENDOR SUPPORT

	The manufacturer recommends that you contact the place you purchased
	the mouse should you have any problems.  They also include a phone
	number in the readme file on the floppy disk that is included.  I
	haven't made any attempt to contact them though.

WARRANTY

	There is no mention of a warranty of any kind.

CONCLUSIONS

	In conclusion, I am happy with the mouse overall and would give this
	product 4 out of 5 stars.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

	Copyright 1997 Matthew Sawyer

	This review may be Freely Distributed as long as it is only
	distributed in it's entirety.

	You may contact the author at:

	Matthew Sawyer
	E-Mail: [email-masked]

---

   Accepted and posted by Daniel Barrett, comp.sys.amiga.reviews moderator
   Send reviews to:	[email-masked]
   Request information:	[email-masked]
   Moderator mail:	[email-masked]
   Anonymous ftp site:  math.uh.edu, in /pub/Amiga/comp.sys.amiga.reviews
   Web site: ftp://math.uh.edu/pub/Amiga/comp.sys.amiga.reviews/index.html