Subject: MINI-REVIEW: Conner 420MB DS420A hard drive kit
From: [email-masked] (Dale L. Larson)
Date: 3 Oct 1994 16:39:36 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.reviews

I'd like to follow up on last week's Samsung SHD-3212A IDE hard disk
review (Sep 29, 1994) with a quick mini-review of the Conner 420MB kit.

	Last week, I bought the kit (which PC software, cable, and mounting
hardware) at MicroCenter for $210 (US), since they were out of stock on a
540MB drive they'd advertised for about $289.  Once I figured out IDE
master/slave jumpering, I had my original and new drives working great.  I
get up to about 1.5MB/sec writes and about 1MB/sec reads.  No spinup
problems.

	Anyone using an A4000 without SCSI and without more than 100-200MB of
hard drive should probably run out to buy one of the current, nice, cheap
~500MB IDE drives out there.

	Conner Peripherals, Inc.
	3081 Zanker Road
	San Jose, CA 95134
	USA

	Toll Free Customer Support:	(800) 4-CONNER
	World-wide:			(408) 456-4500

	I assume they don't sell direct, but could give you the names of
dealers near you.

	By the way, in case you can get the drive bare (no mounting
hardware, PC software, etc.) rather than in the kit, the drive model number
is DS420A.

-- 
Dale L. Larson			   "That's the best part about being crazy.
Intangible Assets Manufacturing	    You see things no one else can see."
[email-masked]						      -Dirk Pitt

---

   Daniel Barrett, Moderator, comp.sys.amiga.reviews
   Send reviews to:	[email-masked]
   Request information:	[email-masked]
   Moderator mail:	[email-masked]
   Anonymous ftp site:  math.uh.edu, in /pub/Amiga/comp.sys.amiga.reviews