Subject: Re: REVIEW: AsimCDFS CDROM Filesystem
From: [email-masked]
Date: 1 Dec 1992 03:46:24 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.reviews

This is a followup to my review of AsimCDFS version 1.0b.  To my
surprise, I received a free upgrade to AsimCDFS 1.1 in today's mail!
Upgrades, according to the documentation, are $7.00 (US) for a disk, or free
from their BBS (416-332-9207, Ontario, Canada).  I suspect mine was free
because I debugged several problems in AsimCDFS 1.0b.

	The program versions in the upgrade, according to the Version
program, are:

		AsimCDFS 1.1 (10.11.92)
		AsimTunes 1.1 (16.10.92)

	AsimCDFS 1.1 now supports the following SCSI controllers and
CDROM drives.  New additions are marked with an asterisk ("*"):

Manufacturer's name:                     device name:
--------------------                     ------------
Commodore CDTV:                          cdtv.device         (unit 0)
Commodore 2091/590/Amiga 3000:           scsi.device         (6.6 Roms)
GVP Impact SeriesII (2000/500):          gvpscsi.device      (4.4 Roms)
*GVP 68030 Combo (with built-in SCSI):   gvpscsi.device      (4.4 Roms)
IVS Trumpcard Classic:                   IVS_SCSI.device     (4.9 Roms)
IVS Trumpcard Professional:              IVS_SCSIpro.device  (4.9 Roms)
*DataFlyer:                              ExpSys.device       (version 3.0)

Supported CDRom drives:
   NEC CDR-7x, 8x, 3x (ROM versions vary)
   Panasonic CD-501 (ROM 1.0b)
   Chinon CDS-431 (ROM H48)
   Toshiba XM-320x, XM-330x, XM-220x, XM-5100
*  Pioneer DRM-600
*  Sony CDU-541, CDU-6211

I noted several bugs in my review, and Asimware has fixed most of them:

	o	The interaction with WShell (improper ParentDir() return
		code) is fixed.

	o	The interaction with "ls" (improper Fib_DirEntryType) is
		fixed.

	o	The flashing drive activity light is normal behavior.

	o	AsimTunes ARexx commands are now case-insensitive.

	o	FishMarket 1.0 CDROM has a virus in one of the programs
		(Challenger on Fish Disk 622) which will be removed in the
		next release of the disc.  Don't run this program.

---

   Daniel Barrett, Moderator, comp.sys.amiga.reviews
   Send reviews to:	[email-masked]
   Request information:	[email-masked]
   General discussion:	[email-masked]