University of Houston Department of Mathematics
Current and Past Projects:
- Co-authored the following online textbooks (available through Courseware):
Math 1330, Precalculus
Math 1310, College Algebra
Math 1313, Finite Mathematics with Applications
Math 1300, Fundamentals of Mathematics
Math 2303, Concepts in Algebra
(Currently writing Math 1312, Introduction to Mathematical Reasoning)
- Support high school math teachers using the University of Houston's High School Mathematics Quizzes, covering topics in AP Calculus, AP Statistics, Precalculus and Algebra 2.
- TExES 4-8 Teacher Preparation Materials - Preparation for Math Teacher Certification Exams
- UH Mathematics
Contest - Author of the Geometry high school contest exam
Also coordinate the exam writers and organize the materials for other subject exams.
School Mathematics Training Materials - developed content for
portions of the Measurement
& Spatial Reasoning modules
- Create and code math exams for Courseware, using LaTeX along with Mathjax to render mathematical expressions and equations.
- Conducted departmental training on the use of The Geometer's Sketchpad software.
- Created CASA tutorial videos - to train instructors to view and build exam content using Courseware.
- Maintain and update numerous departmental websites, improving the
appearance and navigation of files in current desktop and mobile web
Past Teaching & Training Experience:
- Lecturer for Math 1330 (Precalculus), University of Houston
- Lecturer for Math 1310 (College Algebra), University of Houston
- High School: Taught AP Calculus, Precalculus, Geometry, Algebra 3/Trigonometry, and Technical Math
- Middle School: Taught 7th and 8th grade mathematics
- Taught Intermediate Algebra while completing M. Ed in Mathematics at North Carolina State University
- Presented workshops at the NCTM and NCCTM conventions, comparing the Geometer's Sketchpad software to the TI-92 graphing calculator for use in the Geometry classroom.
- Served as a high school math team advisor.