Material and Videos from Workshops and Presentations
· Workshop materials from the AP Calculus Workshop at UH on October 17, 2009, and the video showing how to create a form in Google docs.
· Video discussion of a classic problem from algebra, solved with paper and pencil and explored with Geogebra.
· A video demonstration of the ease with which Excel and VBA code can be used to perform numerical approximation of definite integrals (and do simple programming in general).
· Slides from the teacher workshop at Rice on June 22-23, 2011: ppt, pdf. Geogebra files associated with some of the explorations in the ppt: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. Download Geogebra here. Link to the New York State Algebra II Exams. The Excel file for the coin flip experiment. The Geometry Test from the UH 2010 High School Contest. Writing VBA Code in Excel to Investigate Streaks in Coin Tosses - Parts 1, 2.
· Slides and materials from July 26-29, 2011 at Rice University – ppt, pdf. Circle Map and Frame document: docx, pdf. Middle School Mathematics Materials. Additional resources. Link to the Geogebra website. Introductory Algebra online practice problems. Houston Area Calculus Teachers website. EatMath website. Online Masters of Arts in Mathematics at UH. T3 Conference at UH on January 21, 2012. Cedric French’s page at Westside HS (use the download links to access SYMKC files). Cedric's keys. Note: There are a few errors, if you have any questions please email Cedric at firstname.lastname@example.org. Excel student grouper and associated video.
· Slides from September 17, 2011 at UH – pdf.